Thursday, April 22, 2010

A more chilly day to sit outside but still nice

I decided to forget about continuing working on my little room, and take my lawn chair outside with a nice cup of coffee and a book and sit in the back area.

Some of the work crew were eating their lunches there. This poor old building needs a lot of repairs on it and so while the weather is fine, it needs to be done.

I am reading a wonderfully written fictional book on Iraq called "The Siren of Baghdad" by Yasmina Khadra. It is set in the time of the first American invasion of Iraq.

I suspect in the case of this book, it is representing actual things that have happened but portrayed by fictional characters.

I love to read and lose myself in a good book. I do most of my reading in the summer, especially when I go down to sit by the water.

Something to look forward to - reading by the water......

No comments: