Friday, November 14, 2008

A joke poem - read at Open Mic - Central Library May 2006


A love/hate relationship!


I have a love/hate relationship
Not with a person but a machine
This monster drives me round the bend
Can you guess which machine I mean?

It has a screen within a frame
A button on its front panel
It’s home is on my desk
A friend and yet a foe!

Many times the gremlin inside
Waits to spring a big surprise
On a poor non-techy such as I
Who lives in hope that e-mails will get through

Some days I win, some days I don’t
I vow to keep at it until I die
For sure it’s a fight I must win
If I want to keep up with the latest things.


Oh computer dear, why not let me win?
When will you learn that I’m in charge?
For better or worse, we’re stuck together
You in your frame and me on my desk chair!





©WilmaSeville2008


ISSN 1496-3175 (PRINT)
ISSN 1496-3183 (ON LINE)
This poem was written when I was having a very frustrating time with my computer. I am sure that many people could relate to this feeling! I still wonder who is winning, me or the computer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sometimes have trouble as well. The computer seems to have it's own agenda.

Wilma Seville said...

Hi Pete,

Thanks for reading my poem. I think many people can relate to it, as computer definitely are not always people friendly!