Saturday, July 30, 2011

An interesting day yesterday

It seems that my days speed by as if they had wings on them. 

 I am very happy to say that my surgeon gave me good news and now I don't need to see him for two more years.   I had not seen the new look to the old Henderson Hospital.  Looks extremely modern now and the staff are so friendly.

I was most fortunate to arrive home when I did, as the Cat Global man was in the building and trying to contact me.  I was able to show him the bad patch in the kitchen and he measured it and will return to fix it in due course.  He is from Columbia and so we spoke in Spanish together. 

My next event was to meet Sarah at our usual spot at Jackson's Square. We had a lovely visit and talked about many different topics.  I had a dinner invitation at 6:30 so I walked her to her bus stop and saw her safely onto her bus and then went home to get ready.




I was on time for my dinner engagement and the evening went very well.  Saba, Rahel's sister, had prepared the first course which consisted of homemade soup, new potatoes, rice, grilled chicken marinated, green and yellow string beans and salad.  She is a terrific cook.





Saba, Andrew, Rahel


My hostess, Rahel, prepared two beautiful cakes, and I have taken a picture of us at the table as well as the cake. 

All in all, it was a very interesting day.  I am so blessed to have such good friends in my life.

No comments: