Thursday, June 2, 2011

A new committee for me

I have been asked to sit on a committee (once again) for outreach in the downtown core.  It will be partnered with St. Paul's and Urban Core and our first project will be about teaching people on Social Assistance or having very low incomes, how to buy economical but nutritious food and cook it.

Having raised my children myself, I sure have lots of tricks up my sleeve to make the food dollar stretch.

I think that this is a very good plan.  There is a definite need for such a programme.  It will need to be approved by the Session and then taken to the congregation.

I do like this idea very much. 

To make it even a more interesting day, I brought some pretty pink plastic plates over to a friend's house and paid them a visit.  We had a BBQ which was wonderful, as the day was cool enough to not roast ourselves! 

I only stayed a little while as young working people have things to do.  I timed the return bus just perfectly.  Went about 7 minutes earlier than the schedule said and it was just coming down the road.

All in all, a very nice day for me.

Thanks for reading my blog.

No comments: