Friday, June 3, 2011

The Lilac Dell at the RBG

Thanks to Rosie, I have been so fortunate to have seen the tulip display and now the lilac display at the R.B.G.  (Royal Botanical Gardens).  She has a membership there and can bring a guest with her.

I took some lovely shots. 

The entrance

One of the signs telling about the different types of lilacs

A lovely rolling hill - Rosie and her children used to come here for picnics and the kids would roll down this hill

My friend Rosel

I liked the shape of this tree


Near the bushes, is a chipmunk.

I loved this man made shape.

A weather beaten tree - so beautiful

Some of the lilacs were already finished but I got some nice shots of this bush.


Rosel at the picnic table in the shade.
It was our first picnic of this year, and what a beautiful day to be out.  Not too hot and very little humidity.
Rosel is so kind to bring me to this beautiful spot.  She even provided the picnic lunch!

On another note, I went to the Farmer's Market to buy flowers for my returning friends.  Here is a picture of the Peruvian Lilies I put on their dining room table to welcome them back.  They are so delicate and so pretty.



I hope they will like them.

Thanks for reading my blog and have a great day!

No comments: