Tuesday, December 13, 2011

St. John's Ladies Group Christmas celebration

It was a mild day today and many ladies turned out for this event.  I took some shots and downloaded them before I took my camera in to be checked at Japan Camera.

My battery keeps telling me it is exhausted and it is less than a year old.  It is a Nikon and should be just fine.

Happily for me, my camera still took some nice shots.  Here are a few.



An impromptu ladies choir

The little tree in the church hall with some foodstuffs to share with those less fortunate

To me, this is very elegant

Our pianist Jayne is game for any kind of music - she is amazing

The groaning board getting slowly ready for the coffee time
It was a lovely programme.  I was asked to open with prayer and also asked to do several other things during the programme.  This is a church which loves rhyming poetry so I had one rhyming one for Christmas which the coordinator asked me to read but she forgot about it.  I had a good laugh about it.  The best laid plans of mice and men often go astray!

All in all, a great event.  After I got home, I decided to go to the mall and do a little shopping.  It is getting quite crowded.

There seems to be lots of sales going on and people seem to be buying.

Thanks for dropping by.


No comments: