Sunday, January 30, 2011

Trying out my new camera

I had to purchase a new digital camera as my old one (about 4 or 5 years old) had inner troubles that would have cost more to repair than the camera was worth.

Thus, I have been practicing with the new Nikkon one.  It is very small and compact.

Here is a sample with my favourite subjects:  Boots and Tiger

Tiger and Boots

The two good buddies

Tiger

Tiger

Boots
Now just to spice up the blog a little bit, I shall write a little  rhyming poem.

                                                   There was an old cat named Tiger
                                                   Who enjoyed, of all things, to swagger
                                                    This orange and white thingamajig
                                                    Who believes he's Mick Jagger.

As for Boots, let us also write him a little poem so he doesn't feel left out.

                                                   You are a mischievous little fellow
                                                   Whose underbelly is like jello
                                                   Almost as white as marshmallow
                                                   Which makes a cozy bedfellow.

Now that I have had some fun with rhyming poetry, let us talk now about a lovely potluck supper I went to tonight.  When one door closes, God opens another, and this is exactly what happened this weekend.

I tried for one day to get through to Wheeltrans in Toronto but it wasn't until 5:30 p.m. that I finally got an live person.  I was put on the waiting list and hoped against hope that I would get a ride once I got to Toronto.  It was my friend Margaret's 91 or 92nd birthday and for this occasion, I really wanted to be there.  Alas, all my efforts were in vain.  Wasting from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. on Saturday with about a half hour lunch break, dialing every couple of minutes was extremely frustrating. 

I was unable to get a ride so had to stay here. However, as I said, it turned out well in spite of the frustration I felt.  I was reminded of a potluck supper and movie night at St. Paul's, so I made an Iranian rice dish and brought it.  It went over very well and was quite unusual for most of the people there.

The movie was the Scarlet Letter but I only stayed for the first part as it would have been a four hour movie.

Here are some shots of the potluck part of the evening.


The set table before most people sat down

The happy eaters

There was a lovely variety of different foods and everything was very tasty.  We all had a good time and shared lots of good humour and stories.

All in all, a lovely evening. 

It seems that this camera may be a little better than my other one, as the shot of the table came out better than ever before.  It is dark wood panelling in St. Andrew's Hall and my shots there were never good.  This one is okay.  It will take me a while yet to get good at this camera though, as it is very small.

Thanks for reading my blog and I hope you had a good chuckle with the two joke poems about the cats.

Have a great day!

No comments: