Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The many uses of jewellery pliers

I haven't used my toaster oven for a long time as the knob had broken in two and I found it hard to turn the inner round knob by myself.

My son dropped in this morning and made an excellent suggestion.  "Use your pliers Mom" and this way it's still workable.

Now why didn't I think of that myself?  In any event, my jewellery pliers have come in handy for not only making jewellery but to turn on the toaster oven!

What a smart  and practical son I am blessed with!

Speaking of jewellery pliers, I have decided to branch into making children's jewellery as well.  As a former day care teacher, I have always loved working with children and as a jewellery designer now, I can bring delight to children once again.  I will make jewellery which will be of good quality and can be kept as a keepsake.  What a treasure that will be for the little ones and what a joy it will be for parents and grandparents, aunts and uncles to find something precious for their loved ones which will last and last and at the same time bring back happy memories when they are older.  Who knows, perhaps it can even be passed down to another generation.  I just love that idea.

I remember when my two darling 10 year old twins and their Mom visited me here in Hamilton, I gave each of the children some jewellery.  They were so happy for this and the little girl mentions it often even though it was a year ago January when they came. 

It made me happy to see them happy.  Children are such blessings and are our most precious gift from God, a trust from Him.

Every adult can "mother" a child and be a positive influence in their lives.  I have one Toronto friend who never had children and yet she used her many sterling qualities to be a positive influence on so many children she came into contact with.

What a legacy to leave when one departs this earthly life!

Thanks for reading my rather mixed news blog today.  Have a great day!

No comments: