Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The funeral for Sgt. Ryan Russel of the Toronto Police Force

It was televised on CBC and ran for several hours.  It was extremely moving.  He was so young, just 35 and had a wife and small son.  I really felt for the whole family.  His Dad was a police officer and he followed in his Dad's footsteps.

I don't know how his wife had the strength to stand in front of so many people and speak so well at this terrible time in her life. 

I felt for his mother and sister and all those who knew him as son, husband, dad, uncle, brother and good friend. 

The whole service was extremely well done, including the music and poetry.

I heard the policeman's prayer which I have never heard before and that was very moving.

A great loss to his family and the greater Toronto community.

No comments: