Sunday, January 23, 2011

I was reading in The Spectator about my friend Shirley

Another friend of mine, Rhona, brought me a copy of the paper so I could read about Shirley Elford who was my roommate for 3 days at Henderson Hospital.

Shirley is such a good person and a very well known glass sculptor whose speciality is angels.  I have one myself from her.

She made a glass object for her Lutheran Church here in Hamilton a few years back.  Shirley is fighting Ovarian Cancer. 

In the hospital we laughed and cried together over a sad movie. We would talk for hours.

I remember when Shirley had her exhibition, she had to leave our ward in a wheelchair and go by accessible taxi but she did it!  I remember how tired she was when she returned.  This was in spite of a broken hip!


Her daughters, Arlene and Ann, along with Gerry her husband were faithful visitors. I have never seen so many people come to visit one patient - she is a much loved person and has done a great deal of good in the community.

I feel very touched by this article in the Spec.  and was in tears when I read it.

May God grant her and her family the strength they will need to get through this.

No comments: