Saturday, January 1, 2011

Reflections on the New Year

Here in Hamilton, Ontario it is pouring rain as I sit at the computer, my tall windows are spattered with shiny drops of liquid.

It has been an unusually mild New Year's Eve and thus far, New Year's Day, it continues to rain rather than snow.

Other parts of Canada have had horrible snow storms but this area has escaped such things.

I spent a very quiet New Year's Eve by myself which was just fine.  Gone are the days when I feel that I need to go out to celebrate the changing of the year.

Today, New Year's Day, I am working on some more jewellery creations and making some chicken in the oven with roasted potatoes and onions. 

A day to relax and just enjoy being in my warm, snug little nest.

Thanks for reading my blog.  Come back again whenever you have the time.

No comments: