Monday, May 10, 2010

The weekend's events

Saturday morning was the St. John's Mother's Day Tea and plant sale. My usual job is pouring coffee for a bottomless cup. I enjoy that as I can speak to a lot of people that way.

Due to the bad weather (cold and windy), it was not as well attended as it is usually. My friend Jennifer came and she was kind enough to drive me to the Westdale Library for the Annual General Meeting of Tower.

I was very happy for that, as it really was nasty weather! Stella and I walked into the library at the same time, so we tried to set up some chairs but when the men came, they set up the tables as they are very heavy.

Suffice it to say, I am glad that this will be my last A.G.M. with the duty to take the minutes. I resigned from the secretarial position a week or so before the A.G.M.

Even with the hearing aid in, I could not make it all out.

Ed drove me home after the meeting for which I was most thankful as it continued to be very windy and cold. I was exhausted.

Sunday, I went to St. John's and Rosie and I were invited out to Denise and Lester's for Mother's Day. I had never been to their house in Grimbsy and I just loved it!

We had such a nice time.

I also heard some very sad news this morning that Arthur died on Sunday late afternoon.

Visitation and the funeral will be some time this week. Arthur was a great guy, responsible and caring. Good husband, son, father and grandfather. My heart sure goes out to Waltrault and the children and to his Mom who is in 99 years of age.

He will be truly missed.

3 comments:

Wilma Seville said...

Thank you very much for your kind comments. You are so right. One should live every moment to the fullest, remembering that we all will return to our creator, some sooner, some later.

Jefferson said...

Hi Wilma,

I guess my comment didn't post. I pointed out that reversal because my mother-in-law had the same feelings. She burried three of her children: Joannie's older sister and two younger brothers, all many years apart.

Wilma Seville said...

Hi Jefferson,

When I got home I checked my blog and there you were. Only one post from you though. I will correct the entry. Thanks for letting me know.