Friday, May 31, 2013

Thursday's events

Usually I go to Martini night and have my usual Sprite and enjoy my time with friends at the club.

I deviated from my norm last night and joined my friend Jeff at ArtWord/Artbar on Colbourne Street  near James North.

I had popped over the mall to get a few things as I was running out of postage stamps.  I checked out to see when the new supermarket is opening but there still is no sign saying when.  It is definitely not open now.

The Scotiabank machine has been moved as well to close to the dollar store near the Sheraton Hotel.

Things are changing at the mall.

I got home about 5:30 and had something to eat before going over to ArtWord/Artbar.  My friend Jeff had offered to pick me up but I declined as the bus stop is right in front of my house. He brought me home though which was good.  I missed the bus at 7 and had to wait for the next one at 7:30. which made me late for the beginning. Fortunately for me, he had saved a seat for me as it was very well attended.

It was a sing along which I really enjoyed.  I love to sing, especially the old Irish songs.  Len and Valerie joined us later on as they had been sailing.

It was a grand evening, most enjoyable.  They have a web site.  The address is here:

www.all-together-now.ca    Telephone  519-763-5881.   The performers were Sam Turton and Jane Lewis.  They do events such as this or can come to parties to entertain as well.  They were both marvelous and did a fabulous job.

They will be appearing again  on June 27th at 7:30 at the ArtWord/Artbar.

All in all, a wonderful evening.  Tonight also, I am going to have a Spanish Fiesta evening which includes dinner and music at the club.  Something else to look forward to.

Thanks for dropping by.




No comments: