Friday, September 9, 2011

A wonderful day spent with a good friend

Stella picked me up today about 10:45 and we went out to her place in Flamborough.  As always, we have a good time together, chatting, reading poetry, short stories and in general, just enjoying each other's company.

Stella read me several of her short stories and I am very impressed with them.  I also loved her narrative poem.

I would like to see her write more short stories as she has a talent for it as well as for poetry.

We sat out in the backyard for a little while and I took some shots out there of the garden area.

A single blossom of Rose of Sharon
A cluster of blossoms of Rose of Sharon
We sat outside for a little while but had to leave in order to miss the rush hour traffic.

A large firefly in the leaves - see if you can spot him
While we were walking around the corner, we saw this neat firefly.  I tried to capture it on film with the zoom lens but I am not sure if he can be seen.  Take a look and see if you can find him.  He stayed still for quite some time.

We went through the countryside which I really enjoyed and even saw a llama in a farm there, plus some horses.

In the fall, we hope to get together again and take photos of the fall colours etc.

All in all, a lovely time spent with a good friend.

No comments: