Saturday, May 7, 2011

What a lazy Friday I had!

Good Day,

It was raining as usual and I didn't feel like going out in it.  I spent the day mostly on the phone and on Skype to Toronto with Nasima.

I sent her an invitation  to join Skype and helped her get all set up and now she can phone her relatives in Pakistan for free.  She is one happy camper!  We had a great time talking on Skype and I can hear her better on Skype than on her phone.  She has a cheap phone and the quality is not good.  She is going to buy the same Webcam that I have and then we can see each other when we talk together.

I have noticed that on certain friend's phones, I have real trouble hearing them, but yet on other friend's phones, I can hear them really well.  It is very confusing to me.  I am using the same phone in the sitting room.  It is quite frustrating for both sides I am sure.  Oh well, I have no idea how to solve this problem, I have quite an expensive and well known brand phone so have done the best I can to fix the situation. 

Sometimes it is easier to just e-mail people, especially when I cannot hear them on the regular phone.

On another note, our mutual friend is going to make Umra and will be gone for three weeks.  One of the countries she will visit is Turkey and I know she will enjoy that.  She and Nasima have cancelled the idea of going to Montreal this summer as the other trip is more important and quite costly, even when one goes in a group. I don't know if the girls will come here to visit me this summer or I will go into Toronto to visit them.

I will be visiting Asma for about four days some time during the summer.  I am really looking forward to that.We always have such fun together.   Angela will babysit the cats - that is one of the ways she makes extra money and she does it for this building only. My cats like her and it has always worked out very well in the past.

I will wait till after Ken has left Canada and this will divert my attention  so that I will not feel so sad.

With Skype it does not seem so far away as I can see him when we chat. 

When Sarah is away, I will be able to talk with her as well.  I tried to use my one free call to a land line and call  Andrew and Rahel in Ethopia but Ethopia was not on the free calling list.  It is 56 cents per minute to call there so I can see why it is not on the free list.

I see a lot of possibilities with Skype - I have invited Nor in Malaysia to join for free and my friend Susan in the United Arab Emerites may also wish to talk this way.  I shall ask her.  It is opening up lots of interesting doors for me.

Today is the day I will be pouring coffee at a Mother's Day Bake and Plant sale so had better get organized and out the door!

Have a great day and thanks for dropping by.

No comments: