Friday, May 20, 2011

How can people live like this?

I went to help some friends of mine clean their new house.  I should say, "new to them" house.  In all my days, I have never seen such a mess left by other people.  Every time I move, I always clean the old place once the furniture is out, but these people certainly did not do anything like that!

Rotten food left in the frig with unwelcome guests in it; frig held together with grey duct tape, definitely on its last legs, brown grease oozing out from under the frig, dust bunnies happily clinging to the iron grill at the  back, clumps of grey dust, so thick that it is a wonder that the frig could work at all and the list could go on and on.  Fortunately, I had brought many old rags with me and they certainly came in handy!

I concentrated on the kitchen while the others worked outside trying to get rid of some of the garbage left laying around. 

At least now, the stove, frig and cupboards are ready for use as moving day starts today.

I like the layout of the house, nice size rooms, window in the kitchen with a nice ceramic floor, and there is lots of light in the place.  I also like the neighbourhood - it is very quiet from what I see and there is a bus stop within a few yards of their front door.  It is about a five minute walk down to Princess Point as well.

Needless to say, it was a very tiring experience and I shall go back one or two more times, to help with the cleaning of the house.  Now I know how to get there, I can go myself.

All in all, an interesting experience.  I do like the house very much and it will become a real home once the repairs are done.

Thanks for reading my blog and drop by again, should you wish to.

No comments: