Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day plant and bake sale

My job is to pour coffee and each year I look forward to that as I talk to lots of people this way.  The event this year was not as well attended as last year, but in spite of that, I think we did all right.

Unfortunately for me, my "relief lady" was in the hospital and so I was unable to join some of my friends who came.  Hopefully next year, things will get back to normal and I can join them for a little lunch.

Speaking of lunch, it was chicken schnitzel on a bun and I brought mine home to eat.  I wasn't able to take lunch this time but that was okay.

I was very pleased to see Jennifer and Anita there.  Anita brought some of her "Y" friends with her which was also very nice.

The next big function will be the mother/daughter evening with the guest speaker.  That always is very nice as well.

All in all, a very nice day.  Thanks for reading my blog.

No comments: