Sunday, May 8, 2011

Picnic in Gage Park

What a beautiful day it turned out to be for Mother's Day.  The weather is warm and the sun is shining, no humidity and Gage Park and a bucket of chicken what awaited me.

On my way to St. Paul's today, I took a shot of the flowering bush which is at the corner of the property.  It seems that Spring has finally arrived.


A sure sign of Spring - such a delight to see this blooming again
It was so beautiful that I had to stop and dig my camera out of my purse.  I was a little late getting to the service but it was worth it.

There were a goodly amount of people at the service today, the nicer weather brings people out.  Many of the people are very elderly and are almost housebound in the winter time.

Even the church looked spring-like with blossoms gracing the alter and the tables.

I went downstairs to the rummage sale as I was unable to go on Saturday.  It turns out it was on Friday as well, my friend was wrong.

Ah well, I do love a rummage sale as you never know what treasures one can turn up.  I got a pretty container which I can put some of my "findings" in and it will look a lot neater plus a few other good buys. 

It was great fun for me to poke around.  After that I went home and was just about to change from my good clothes to my house clothes when the phone rang and it was an invitation to a picnic.

We decided to go to Gage Park as it was quite close and a lovely area with lots of picnic tables. 

I took some shots of the various scenery there to prove that Spring has finally come to Hamilton!


 Some trees are still bare but some are getting green and the grass is getting there as well. 

Such a nice time - first picnic of the season
All in all, a lovely day. 

Thanks for reading my blog and come back when you can.

No comments: