Saturday, October 16, 2010

Thanks Boots for running out!

When I open the apartment door, Boots, the most adventurous cat makes his escape.  One would think that I am in the habit of beating him up!



<><><><><><><><><><><><>
Tiger and Boots on the big chair


<><><><><><><><><><><> 
<><><><><><><><><><><> 
Tiger and Boots on the big chair


  Boots is the grey and white cat.  Tiger is the more timid of the two cats.

I am very thankful that he did run out today as I forgot all about him and went on the computer until I heard a knock on the door.  It was my neighbour Lauren.  Boots used to visit Bailey the dog when Tom and Karina lived there.  Lauren has two wonderful cats so I guess he senses a kindred spirit behind the door.

In any event, I invited Lauren in for a little visit and we enjoyed a cup of coffee together and a muffin.  She mentioned that she was going to Westdale so I hitched a ride with her. 

It was such a great pleasure for me to show her the trail as she had never been there before.

Between the two of us, we got some really lovely shots.  She is far more agile than I am, so she was able to get some shots that I would not have been able to get.

At the beginning of the trail
As  you can see, I have added three beautiful shots of this lovely area.  What you may not be able to see is the carpet of fallen leaves, greens, reds, yellows and in between.  It is such a peaceful place, almost cathedral like.

Birds chirp, squirrels scurry around, and most wonderfully, we saw two deer further down the path.  We could not get close enough to them to take their pictures which is a great pity. At first we thought that they might be very large dogs, but as we got closer, we were able to see that they were deers.

 It is amazing that in such a large city as Hamilton, these nature spots are full of such life.  What a real blessing that people can get there easily, either by city bus or by car.  I continue to be so amazed at the beauty of Hamilton.




<><><><><><><><><><>
<>
<><><><><><><><><><>
Lauren took this gorgeous shot of the tree leaves turning
 Lauren and I had much to talk about on the trail and our tastes were very similar.  It was a wonderful time to spend in nature.

Here are some more shots for your enjoyment.

A Canadian Maple Leaf
Under the bridge before the trail gets more difficult to go on.
This is the same spot that I saw the young Chinese student taking pictures with a very fancy camera of something in the water the other time I went there.  It is a very tiny creek and quite nice indeed.















Me, enjoying nature

<><><><>
<>
<><><><>
This old tree was in the park.  I would have loved to perch on it!

best not to tangle with these burrs!
At the Aviary - some of the birds were outside due to the very fine weather.

Lauren sitting where once there may have been a campfire, as the logs were arranged as in an enclosure and there were some charred pieces of wood.


Further down the trail where we saw the deers.  We turned back as we both had places to go and also things to do, but perhaps another time, we may go further on.

After we parted, I still had time to go to my poetry group so I sat in the lovely park near where the Aviary is.  I don't know the name of the park but it was very quiet and peaceful as well.




These lovely old trees add so much to the green space of the park.  Each tree has a story, and it would be great fun to make up a story from the perspective of the tree!





This day has been a wonderful day to be outdoors in nature.  Our temperature is so fantastic for this time of year, and the leaves are just heavenly.  I  would love to go to The Bluegrass Festival tonight but don't want to go alone so will have to see if anybody I know is going.

A fabulous day!





No comments: