Saturday, October 30, 2010

Carmen came for a visit this afternoon

We had lunch together at my place and a lovely chat and then we went to the Trail in Westdale.

Carmen at my place

 Carmen had never been there before so it was such a pleasure to show it to her.


Since I discovered this spot, I have been many times and have always met so many nice people on the trail.  Today was no exception.

As a writer, I can just visualize  a childrens story about a creature living in this hole in the tree.
It was a lovely day for a gorgeous walk.  If you click on this picture, you will see the blanket of leaves which have fallen since I was last there.

 Carmen climbed the stairs which were beyond me and she told me that she could see the water in the distance.  I would imagine that it was Princess Point, another of the many spots I love in this wonderful city.

It is a big city but here, I feel like I am miles away from the hustle and bustle of big city streets.  That is one of the many blessings of living in Hamilton, the Niagara Escarpment, the Royal Botanical Gardens, the water and the many beautiful old stone buildings such as St. Paul's Presbyterian Church on James South and Whitehern with its stately home and wonderful garden.


Carmen posing with a symbol of Canada - the maple leaf

We took lots of shots of Carmen so that she can send them to her Mom in Mexico. 

A green maple leaf

Carmen took this shot from atop the hill.  I'm sitting on a log in blue


Still some leaves but now more bare trees than trees with leaves.  One more big wind, and they will all be gone.


All in all, a wonderful afternoon spent with a dear friend.  We met at St. Paul's almost eight years ago now.  We have been good friends since that time.  I have a high esteem for her and for her dear husband Waldemar and they are part of my extended family.

Thanks for reading my blog.  Hope you enjoy the different pictures of the wonderful trail. 

No comments: