Saturday, October 9, 2010

The non-existence poetry group today

I went to Westdale Library as I always do on the second Saturday of the month.  It was supposed to be our poetry group and I had scrambled to finish a poem so it could be critiqued.

Sad to say, nobody turned up,so after waiting till 2:15, I decided to explore Westdale a little bit. I found out later that I was at fault.  It had been in the newsletter but I missed it.

It was such a gorgeous day that I thought I would enjoy Westdale as it is a lovely part of the city.  More residential than where I live.

My son had told me that there was a beautiful trail near where he lives so I wandered around until I found it.  It is off Marion Street where the Second Cup coffee shop is.  Walk down to the end of Marion and there you will find a wooded area with lots of people on the trail.  Very safe and very beautiful.

I really like Westdale especially now I have found this fabulous trail!  I found a log to sit on and people watched and then took notes for a poem or a short story.

I kept calling my son but he was not home.  It would have been nice to have seen him since I was in his area.

Ah well, another time.  Wish I had brought my camera.  Those shots would have been fabulous.

No comments: