Friday, January 1, 2010

A reunion

At our Christmas tree downstairs. Amanda, Ricky, Rosa Maria and Rosemarie (from Newfoundland)
Amanda and Ricardo

Rosa Maria,
Ricardo and Amanda


What a happy day it was today! God is so good! My friend Rosa Maria, whom I met when she first came to Canada, found me through my son's Facebook page. He had not changed from age 14 to age 36 in his basic look so she recognized him right away.


She sent him an e-mail asking if I was his Mom as she had been looking for me for many years. He remembered her and gave her my phone number and she and her family came today to visit me here in Hamilton. today

Twenty one years have passed and yet it was as if no time had passed at all. My heart is overflowing with joy right now.

We went down to the waterfront and let the twins play for a while but it was too cold to remain there so we went back in the car and went up to the Sam Lawrence Park so they could take some nice pictures there as well. We then went for a drive up to Stonechurch as I wanted to show them Limeridge Mall, but as usual, I got lost!

Happily for me, the bus drives know their routes! I have absolutely no sense of direction and Rosa Maria had no knowledge of Hamilton so as you can imagine, it was a little disappointing not to be able to show them Limeridge at least from the outside.

However, they will come again in the warmer weather and we will go to Fifty Point or Christie Lake for a nice picnic.

I took some pictures but my batteries gave out so Rosa Maria will send me some when she has the time.

I am so lucky, I have two new grandchildren, Amanda and Ricardo! I just love them.
All in all, a great day.















No comments: