Thursday, January 14, 2010

A great day with Stella

A closer picture of them.
Jasper and Willow, the star boarders!

Stella and Dan's lovely home in the country


Open water in a creek, partly frozen in some sections. Just outside of Dundas, Ontario



A photographer taking a picture of the other photographer! Stella at the little water fall.




Water from the escarpment which has turned to ice in some parts, some parts are still running.





A house I have always admired from the bus window on the way to Kitchener.






What a very pleasant day I spent with a good friend. She read me some of her beautiful poetry about her much loved aunt. I was deeply touched by it, which is what a poet should do, touch the reader.


I had tears in my eyes as I listened to the love than came through as she wrote about her aunt. The flow of words and the sentiments were wonderful. Relationships are so important, whether or not it is family relationships, or good friendships.


My late Father used to say "You can choose your friends, but you cannot choose your relatives".



I met her husband Dan and her wonderful two cats and loved her cozy home in the wilds of Flamborough. I know she reads my blog so she will get a kick out of "the wilds of Flamborough"!


Such wonderful scenery we saw, we stopped along the way and took pictures as we went. Both of us are into photography so it was a real pleasure to be able to do that.


Such a pleasant day for me. We plan to do more of these special days together in the future and do some small day trips in the warmer weather. Something to look forward to.
I still have such wonderful memories of the day trip that my friend Jennifer and I took to Niagara on the Lake. Around Hamilton, there are so many small towns to visit which are not too far at all. Love this area!



































No comments: