Monday, April 20, 2009

To mention the ghost or not to mention, that is the question!

I have a dilemma. The article I am writing for H Magazine would be much more interesting if I mentioned about the unseen presence who lives in this building.

Now before you run for the men in the white coats to have me locked away, let me explain what I mean.

I have been told by a number of sensible and reliable people about the ghost or spirit who lives in this building. It would seem that he was the handyman or caretaker while this building was an office tower, and he stayed on once it fell into disrepair. I don't know whether he died here or not.

As a former reporter, I tend to want proof before writing about something, but in this case, I think I would prefer to do without that proof!

According to my sources, this spirit is not a malevolent being.

There are odd things which do happen from time to time here, the elevator door opens where nobody has pressed the button, one woman has had him appear in her home in the early hours of the morning, and the assistant superintendent has had some really wierd thing happen when she has been on duty. I hope to ask her more about that when she comes back on duty and will write about it on this blog.

My problem is that I don't want to scare people away from buying in this building. I certainly would not want to give anybody a sense of fear to visit or live here. Also, what would my fellow inhabitants feel upon reading this information on their home?

I think I have answered my own question here, best to stick to the facts and make them as interesting as I can.

Let us hope that the former caretaker finds rest and peace for his soul.

No comments: