Thursday, April 9, 2009

My son may be leaving Hamilton

I was chatting with my son Ken and in the very near future, he may move away, not to Toronto but a much more distant city. He is in the process of getting a job there.

I feel a little "down" about it as I moved to Hamilton to be near him. It was his idea at the time and it was really hard for me to leave my familiar places and good friends that I had in Toronto. We have had six years of being in the same city, for which I am thankful, and just the thought of moving to another city seems somewhat daunting to me.

I have become very established here and I like it here and have some good friends here now too.

If I move away so far, I will never see my Toronto nor my Hamiltonian friends. He may move again after that, who knows, as he is young. If I moved to the same city where he plans to go, it would be very lonely as he is a busy fellow trying to run a small business plus doing his part time job.

Hopefully, he will change his mind. We'll have to see what happens.

No comments: