Thursday, February 24, 2011

Revisions, revisions, revisions!

I went to my writing group last night and received some more valuable tips on my short story for the Toronto Star Contest. In writing, one can always do better, and that is why critiquing is a good thing.

Of course, it depends on how a person critiques, but if critiquing is done well, then it is beneficial. We had a good crowd last night.  I really like the new lady, Liz.  There were 7 of us which was pretty good considering the cold outside. 

The group ended so late last night.  It was after 10:30 p.m. when my friend David drove me home.  I really appreciate him driving me especially in those late hours. He waits at the back entrance until I am in the building safely.I loved his story about the cats and the man.  As a cat lover, I could relate to it very well.

Unfortunately, it was way past my bedtime and this disturbed my sleep cycle, so was unable to sleep.

However,  I am just making the last minute revisions and  I will go over to the Post Office and send it Priority Post.  I am so close to the deadline that I have no choice.

I have been working on this story for at least a month  I shall be glad to send it off and let my poor brain rest. 

In my view, writing poetry is less time consuming and easier.  However, I still prefer writing short stories and articles.

I have definitely decided to have a jewellery party and will start planning for it.  It will be before Mother's Day and in our party room. I have placed orders from my two suppliers in Toronto for stones and findings and hopefully they will be here in a week or so.

I want to make a lot of different new designs.  I will arrange to have some entertainment as usual.  I know one will be a clown, another will be a Toronto poet and we will see who else I will come up with.  It should be great fun with lots of good food.  My two Middle Eastern friends will be bringing some of their dishes as well so that will be extra special.

I will go to the market today and the library,as there is another big storm due tomorrow.  I have cancelled tomorrow's hospital visit due to the storm warning of freezing rain and snow.  Not worth the risk.

Thanks for reading my blog.  Have a great day!

No comments: