Saturday, February 12, 2011

Poet Study at Tower Poetry Society

I just returned from a poet study which happens once a year at Tower.  It was very enjoyable and there was a good crowd, considering that it is still very cold outside.

It was mostly Tower members but there were two people I did not know so hopefully they will come back again some time.

Jennifer T was there as well as Jean which was nice to see.  Jean will be having a book launch shortly.

We broke for refreshments and then resumed for about half an hour after that.  Her topic was mostly memories and writing down individuals stories.

I, and several others, had a hard time to hear her though which was very unfortunate as what I did hear, was good.

Valerie Nielsen and Ann Elizabeth Carson

Valerie - President of Tower Poetry Society & Guest Speaker Ann Elizabeth Carson


For more information on this writer, please see her blog at:  http://www.anncarson.com/

Break time - refreshments were served

Another shot at break time



I was fortunate that Stella picked  my friend Irene and I  up, as it was a really cold day again today. She would have brought us home again but I did not want to take her out of her way. Kay and also Jeff offered to bring me home. Irene was going somewhere after the meeting today so did not require a ride back.

On another note, I was delighted to see that Westdale DVD's are more plentiful than at Central Library so I borrowed some more Midsommer Murders.  They told me that I could order them on line and they would ship them to Central Library for me to pick up there.  I am delighted to hear that!

All in all a good day.

Thanks for reading my blog.

No comments: