Saturday, December 11, 2010

Jeff Seffinga's Book launch

On Thursday night I went with two friends to the ArtWord/Artbar on Colbourne. Our mutual friend Jeff was having his book launch - a poetry book on cats.

I only took one shot of Jeff and here it is.

All dressed up at his book launch
The ArtWord/Artbar was crowded which was nice to see.  I sat with Ed and Carmelita as I hadn't seen them for quite some time. 

The first act was very different from what I was used to, but many people found it very interesting to watch.  Jeff came on after 8 p.m.  That was the main purpose of me being there, to support a friend.

Jeff, as usual, read well and I enjoyed his cat poetry.  He truly is a cat lover.  Here is a picture of him from the party I held in honour of the poet Afifa.  I think this is one of the best pictures I have of him.


Jeff and Boots - buddies for life!

He had a saxaphonist playing with certain of his poems and this really added to the enjoyment.

The girls and I left after Jeff finished his first set of readings as we do not like being out on the street late at night and they had far to go.

All in all, a lovely event which I enjoyed.

No comments: