Thursday, July 16, 2009

A visit by my brother Brian, wife Pam and daughter Janet

My brother Brian. They love Indian food and were so delighted to find a restaurant near me. In Cape Breton there are none! They would have to drive into Halifax to find one.
Myself at the Tah Mahal Restaurant near me.

My dear niece Janet. A nurse by profession, a horse trainer by choice!


My darling sister-in-law who is like a sister to me. I never had a sister so I am so blessed to have her as a sister-in-law!



Pam, Brian and daughter Janet at the Tah Mahal.




They made good time driving from London to Hamilton and arrived a little after 1 p.m.

I cancelled my plans to go to the writing exercise group as I haven't seen them for several years although we are constantly in touch via phone or e-mail.

I was so happy to see them that my heart was singing. I had made pendants for all the girls on their side of the family. I hope that they will all enjoy wearing them.

After a little visit, we all went to the Tah Mahal for lunch. They thoroughly enjoyed the food and the ambience of the place.

As it was a buffet style lunch, we all could pick what we wanted.

Pam and Janet came back upstairs with me for another little visit while Brian took a rest in the car.

I was sad to see them go as who knows when the next time will be when we see each other. Pam asked if I was allowed to fly, and I have to check with my cardiologist. It has been years since I have been in Cape Breton, I think it was the early 90's. I wouldn't mind going again for a week.

I will have to see what my cardioligist says.

All in all, a wonderful time spent with my family. Just Brian and I are left out of six people.

Both Brian and I are quiet people, Pam is a chatty person.
Now I have some wonderful memories to think on.
As a gift and rememberance of their time in China, they bought me a Mongolian wallet which is lovely, lots of compartments in it. How very kind of them.
Brian will be going back to China for six more weeks of teaching and Pam will be starting back teaching at the university at home.
They have known each other since Pam was 18 and Brian was 21 and have had a good solid marriage. They are married almost 50 years now. Hard to believe!


No comments: