Saturday, July 4, 2009

My latest designs

Sterling silver chain, hand crafted bail and clasp, Swarovski crystal bead. Expensive to make, expensive to buy!
The redesigned elephant pendant - note the design of pink, copper and grey.





Another shot of the elephant design.


I Ihave decided to start to sell my work in other places and so will reactivate my vendor's permit with the Ontario Government.


With my work displayed at Arts Hamilton, I didn't need to do that as they have the vendor's permit and do all the paperwork. However, I would like to branch out now.

A dear friend of mine in Oakville has suggested holding a jewellery party and perhaps I will do so eventually. In the meantime, I will continue to wear my creations so that they become more noticed.

A Hamilton friend of mine asked me to do some repairs on her old necklace which was broken. In order to achieve success, I had to restring it, put new clasps on it and redesign it by adding more colourful beads. She absolutely loved the result and I was pleased myself. I think it is now nicer than before, if that is possible.

In the meantime, I designed a sterling silver necklace with a Swarovski crystal drop on it and handmade bail and clasp which I think looks very nice.

I plan to do wirework on the earings and put Swarovski crystal small drops hanging from them. Then it will be a matching set.

Making jewellery requires a great deal of patience, good light and a steady hand. Happily I have all three necessary things.
I really am enjoying my new "job" and will continue with it. It gives me a lot of pleasure to see the happiness of others when they get their finished design.


















2 comments:

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

Love the first necklace in particular! I stumbled across your blog looking for stuff related to Swarovski. I like the little widgit showing when and where your blog visitors come from!

Wilma Seville said...

Thank you Amy for your kind comments on my design. I like both of them myself.

I plan to do wirework and then hang Swarovski drops to match the necklace so it will be a lovely set.