Sunday, July 12, 2009

Army duty

Ken is off this morning to Toronto and then to Gagetown, N.B. where he will spend two weeks doing army training.

It sounds rather gruesome to me, sleep deprivation, being in the field for a few days at a time and pushing oneself very hard.

He likes being in the Army though ,so whatever makes him happy is what I want for him.

I shall miss him. It is always at the back of my mind that if I really need something, I can call on him. I hardly ever do, but it is a comfort to me to know that. I try not to be a burden on either of my children.

I shall miss our little chats on the e-mail, phone and in person as well. We get along so well, as do Anna, Bill and I. I am most fortunate.

He took his Blackberry with him and will e-mail me from time to time when he is there which will be nice.

This afternoon I may go down to the waterfront and enjoy the time there. We'll see.

No comments: