Saturday, August 7, 2010

Birthday visit - Marg, Sonia and Rene 2010





In spite of the fact that the Caribana parade slowed their arrival a great deal, it turned out to be a good time after all.

We had planned to have a picnic at Bayfront Park but those plans had to be changed as the parade was heading down there.

Instead, we drove over to Gage Park and had coffee and cake there while the Festival of Friends was going on.

There were tons of people there, and I bumped into Anita and some of the gals who told me that they saw Jeff on the other side of the park.

Sonia and I looked at the stalls and she was very taken with the whole park. Margaret and Rene sat and visited while we did this.

They had to be back in Toronto by 5 p.m. so our time together was limited. We ended up at Swiss Chalet and we all enjoyed that very much!

It was 4:30 by the time they dropped me off at home so I doubt that they arrived in Toronto by 5 p.m.

No comments: