Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Asma's visit August 5,2010

The picture with the drink was at Jackson's Square. The rest are at Pier 8.








What a wonderful time we had together. We have known each other since 1995 and have always gotten along so well. We are like sisters and her children are like my children. When I was still in Toronto, we used to get together quite often but now I live over an hour away.

I am so excited for her, she is going to make Hajj in November. She and two other members of her family are going together.

We went to the mall, went window shopping basically, then ate at the Afghani place in the Old Eaton's Center. Their food is always good and it is halal. They are such a lovely family and I have enjoyed their food ever since I came here. I wish them well as they are hard working people and most pleasant to deal with.

We had fun just looking around and then went on the shuffle bus down to Pier 8 where we had an ice cream cone and walked around abit.

The heat was too much so we sat in the shade and just chatted. We always seem to find things to chat about which is nice. Unfortunately, there is not a lot of shade at Pier 8 so it is difficult to stay down there for too long unless you bring your own chair and sit under a tree.

All in all, a lovely day.

No comments: