Sunday, July 18, 2010

What a blessed Sunday!

Welcome to today's blog. Hope you enjoy your stay. A wonderful day with good friends in the countryside.
Of course, it wouldn't be natural on my blog not to show some flowers. Dida picked some flowers for me to bring home and I was so touched. She knows how much I love such things. She also sent us home with some fresh vegetables so we all shared. Farm fresh vegetables - they will be delicious!
The duck pond on their property. They have manually dug a garden ( a huge one) and irrigated the soil. She showed me what the tool looked like. They have planted many trees, vegetables from seeds and flowers and beautified the place. In three year's time, they have really made a go of things. They are amazing people who work so hard and all of it is shown by their farm. They also work outside the farm.


My dog friend who adopted me!
One mother hen and her chicks

Liviu and one of the many babies on their farm.
Dida - a wonderful friend of mine. She and Liviu looked after my cats and plants for the two months that I was in the hospital after the cardiac arrest. They are from Romania. What a real blessing to be their friend.


My lovely dog whom I would have loved to bring home with me!

What a beautiful church service it was, with good people and a special treat of two gentleman singing and playing the guitar. I really enjoyed that very much. Andrew's sermon was thought provoking and the hymns chosen were well known ones. All in all, a very beneficial hour spent.
We went through Dunnville and we chose to have lunch at a Chinese restaurant. It was not a very good choice but it was adequate I suppose. I was very pleasantly surprised how nice Dunnville is and was so glad to see what it was like. I really liked the stately homes and it being on the water. After lunch we drove to see our friends Dida and Livi and their farm. I haven't seen them for 3 years, ever since they left the job here where I live. I miss them so much as we always got along so well.

We hugged each other and they were so glad to see us. Mohammed had not met them before but he and Liviu (Dida's husband) got along famously.

I took lots of shots of the animals and I made a great friend in the dog. I could have stayed and patted him indefinitely. He trusted me enough to roll over and let me pat his stomach. He reminded me, in some ways, of my beloved dog Flash.

When I stopped patting him for a little rest, he would duck under my arm and nudge me until I paid attention and resumed my patting. I just loved him for that!

Now I will tell you about the reason why we went to South Cayuga. Andrew was preaching at the Baptist church there in the month of July. Lovely people and extremely friendly. They could not have been more welcoming.

At the car in the church parking after the service

An old fashioned water pump, outside in the parking lot. I don't know if it still works or not. It reminded me of the pump we used to get water from at the cottage in Ile Perrot, Quebec. The water was so wonderfully tasting and so very cold. I loved to get the water at that time.

From the parking lot - note the barns
Inside the lovely little church


I really liked this copper picture. I love the glow of copper and always have.


The church even had an elevator. They were so willing to take me up and down. I really appreciated that as stairs can be a real hastle for me.





Our young married couple - dear friends both of them.






What a blessing for both of them that God has brought them together. She is a darling girl and he is a decent and good person. May God bless their marriage.

















Rahel and Andrew






Far right, Mohammed and Rahel. They get along very well, both being from other countries and I am so glad about that.


This church building is simple in design but very well built.









Shots of the church and the adjacent graveyard. This church is 150 years old and in wonderful shape. Green hills and farm yard surround the area. I have noticed that many of the older churches in the country and even in Hamilton (see St. Paul's Presbyterian on James St. S) have graveyards on their grounds.
That's for sharing the time with me. Hope you had a nice read and that you will return from time to time.






























































































































































No comments: