Sunday, September 6, 2009

Mustardfest in Hamilton

The last two days have been very busy with wonderful bands to listen to, excellent displays of wares to buy, and in general, just a feeling of good will prevailing all around.

While I was there, I did my favourite thing - people watched! I saw people I knew casually down there as well.

The weather was perfect, not too hot, not humid and it seemed that everybody was in a fabulous mood!

Smiles all around (mostly) - total strangers smiling and talking to each other. Wow, it was so great!

Naturally, Jeff was there. He never misses it to my knowledge. I invited Monique to go with me on Friday night and she even participated by dancing on the spot to a jive tune. She is fabulous dancer!

We met Mohammad and Olga down there, Carol and Rachel her daughter, Jenn and I think that is all the folk we knew. It was very nice.

Saturday was a busy day for me as I had to spend about 3 hours on the computer rebuffing a slanderous attack on a subject very dear to me. A friend had sent it to me for clarification and to see if it was true. Needless to say, it was a pack of lies, meant to scare people into hating one particular religion.

I decided to go for the 4 p.m. concert and planned to leave by 7, but friends came and we all sat together. I even bumped into Ian first and then later on Cindie! I left with Mohammad and Olga around ten and we took the bus, then they walked me to my door. They will come another time upstairs for a cup of coffee.

It was another fabulous time, group after group, all excellent. I particularly liked Jude Johnson and the All Stars from Toronto. Jude used to be Jeff's neighbour for about 15 years, can you imagine? What a small world! She was fabulous, and was able to get her audience to participate. One of her songs brought a tear to my eyes.

As an aside, while I was in the marketplace of the event, I saw about four stalls of jewellery and it was non-handcrafted but machine made. It would not be a good market for my jewellery as it looked mostly from China or a third world country. There were some pretty things though.

I am glad that I decided that it was too much money to put out without any concrete knowledge of getting a return!

All in all, a wonderful event and I shall go again next year, God Willing.

and the first day I took Monique and the next day she and her fiance, Ken came together and spent a little time with me at the Fest. I introduced Monique and Ken to Trudy and George and Jean, who was at the Bookband booth signing books. I hope she made some good sales.



They then went their seperate way, and I went for a walk

No comments: