Monday, August 17, 2009

My adventures at the Dundas Cactus Festival

I really should say, lack of adventure though! I waited till Sunday afternoon to start out on my trek to Dundas as the sun was not directly above and it should be a little cooler by then.

Needless to say, I waited and waited for the 52 Dundas bus which came at 4 p.m. The driver was really nice though and he let me out at Hatt Street and Main and pointed me in the right direction for the Festival. Otherwise, it would have been a very long walk for me.

He also told me to take the bus back on Main Street as they had been rerouted for this occasion only.

He was so very kind and I really appreciated it. I value kindness in people - it is one of the most wonderful traits that a human being can cultivate.

Unhappily for me, the vendors and events were just packing up so really didn't see anything. I did look at one jewellery stand. I asked her if she made them and she said to me that she had tried twice to learn how to make jewelery but was unsuccessful.

I mainly went there just to see prices on jewellery at fairs so I did succeed in what I wanted to do.

Being the very practical persons that I am, I brought my shopping cart (which broke) and a stool to sit on plus my water bottle. I had to wait a very long time for the return bus but I managed to talk to a few people while sitting waiting at the bus stop. Saw some wonderful dogs and their owners and one of them was a St. Bernard. He was up to his owner's waist.

In spite of the heat and the very long wait for the buses, I did enjoy being out among people.

I was delighted to get home though to my nice cool apartment!

No comments: