Saturday, August 8, 2009

I should have stayed in bed today

The day started off very nicely, enjoyed my coffee, talked to both the kids and then took some clothes down which were now dry.

Wasn't sure whether or not my Toronto friends were coming so I called to make sure and they were not as rain was forecasted. I am beginning to think this picnic will not happen. We have tried almost every weekend since my birthday.

I also am concerned that I will not be able to go to Center Island with the girls on Monday as there is 80% chance of rain.

I decided to go down to Ottawa Street to Avitar and get some chains to attach to some of my necklace pieces I have made already.

On the way back, I went to see the Art Cellar and had a hard time finding it. It is at the back of an old house and there is no sign to say where it is. I wonder how many customers will come in?

In any event, even so it was supposed to be open until 4 p.m., there was nobody there.

I don't think that will be a suitable venue for my work if that is an idea of how they do business

I will try again another time. I now know exactly where it is, it basically is in the basement of an old house, and you have to go around to the back to get there. Not very good in the winter!

On the way home, I stopped off at the grocery store (Adams) and made a small order. They said they could not deliver as it was after 3 p.m. so they called me a cab. Before the cab even came, a young fellow stopped me on the street and told me that he was just in from London and needed some money to buy some food. He seemed quite sincere as he explained that he had a job to go to on Tuesday but had run out of money. I explained about the services available.

I would rather be made a fool of than pass a person who is truly in need, so I gave him $6.00.

He helped me put my groceries in the cab and was very pleasant and the cab took off. It was only a short ride but when I asked the driver to go around to the back of the building he said he could not and let me out on the other side of Jackson's Square.

I guess it looked quite funny, I used my cane as a holder for all those food parcels and limped along with my hurt foot. Low and behold, I heard a familiar voice and it was Kenny and he took the parcels and I was so happy about that. He looked at my foot and got an ice pack out and we did the 15 ice pack, 15 without for quite a while.

He doesn't think it is broken just bruised.

As I said, it looks like I should have stayed in bed today! I sure hope I can walk enough to do my regular activities this week.

No comments: