Friday, March 6, 2009

World Day of Prayer - Hamilton, Ontario

This year it was held at St. Stephen's Hungarian R.C. church. Very beautiful church which is over 100 years old.

We practiced beforehand but I think it should have gone a little smoother. However, it was okay. I really liked Sister Rosanne, she brought the homily and I found her a beautiful lady and so kind and sweet. She is a very knowledgeable and caring person, in my opinion.

Next year, Katie and I will be organizing it on behalf of St. John's which is a big responsibility.

People with walkers could not go into the church hall where the meal was served so that was one major drawback.

There were a great many steps to navigate and we had to leave the church to go next door in the hall.

I felt very sorry to see the lady with the walker unable to attend the meal.

Happily, St. John's has an elevator so next year she will be able to join everybody for the meal.

It was an enjoyable event and although it was not as crowded as last year, there still were lots of people there. The weather could not have been better, warm and bright!


I particularly loved that they sang one of the songs in Hungarian. Everything else was in English.

I got a ride there and a ride back which made life easier for me.

Ken came over for another visit and Nina brought me some information on Ukranium lenten customs so that will help my upcoming topic for the ladies group.

Thanks for reading my blog and have a good day!

No comments: