Thursday, May 15, 2014

The last few days

Lately I have been hibernating with my nose in a large print book.  I can spend hours just reading and enjoying my home and its peacefulness.  I do go out though at some point just to get some fresh air.

I've been to the market for fresh fruits and vegetables, the library many times to get more books and to people watch, the mall just to do some walking around and yesterday, a friend of mine invited me to lunch at the Club.

We had a delightful time and we have know each other for about 11 years now. She is my neighbour in the building and it was she who introduced me to the existence of the club. After lunch, we sat near the fireplace and just relaxed and chatted.  It was nice to just linger and not have to do anything immediately.  I love the peacefulness of the club and the staff and I have met some very nice people there.

Today I plan to stay home, listen to a book on tape called Infidel by Ahyaan Hirsi Ali.  I have been listening to it on and off, but still prefer to read a book myself.  It is about a Somali woman and her experiences growing up in an Islamic society.  It is 14 CD's and I have had to renew it with the library and will probably need to renew it again.

Tonight, of course, is Martini Night and some of my friends are back now so we will all get together and be back to our normal routine.

It has been a restful time lately.  I have several things to look forward to, a visit to Princess Point with my student, a concert by the Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra and in general, more outdoor time now that the weather is improving.  I can hardly wait to sit by the water again with my bottle of water or herbal tea and a sandwich to munch on while I watch the ducks float by, competing for water space with the motorboats and sail boats.  Soon the special bus will start (in July) as well as the concerts and Whitehern (in July).  Much to look forward to.

I am so blessed to live in a smaller city where it is easy to get close to the water, easy to get what one needs and to have so many beautiful spots to enjoy nature.

I hope you have a good day and thanks for dropping by.


No comments: