Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day plan and bake sale

What a great time it was.  Six of my friends came to this event and they enjoyed themselves.  My job is always to pour coffee and tea.  We had a small problem this year with the coffee urn, it did not work properly so we had to replace it.  Fortunately they had another one in the kitchen.

In spite of that, all went well.  The menu was chicken schnitzel on a bun with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, pickles and mayonnaise.    Unlimited cups of coffee or tea was included in the $6.00 price.
A slice of torte was about $3.50. There were so many choices available that it was difficult to choose which one to sample.  These are not just small pieces of cake but a good size!

The plant table had a fairly good selection but not as much as they normally have.  They had a small table with some beautiful teacups for sale as well.  Also, one of the members of the ladies group was selling little hand made scrubbers and they went over very well.  They are so cute and work very well.


My friend Jennifer offered to take me to Westdale Library as it was Tower Poetry's Annual General Meeting after the Bake and plant sale.  While we were there, we both picked up some DVD's to watch.  Fortunately, one can return the DVD's to any library. The bus service out to Westdale is very poor, especially now that the students have all gone home.  I had to wait at least 25 minutes to get a return bus home.

I do love Westdale as it is such a quiet area and there are some lovely homes out that way. It always reminds me of the area where I grew up in.

For the rest of the evening I just rested and read my book as I felt exhausted.

Today was Mother's Day and Kenny invited me out to lunch.  We had some quality time together.  We went to a nearby restaurant.

I had thought about going down to the waterfront and he offered to drop me off there but eating such a big meal made me sleepy so I came home.

All in all, a nice weekend.  We bumped into Carmen and Wally as we were leaving the mall which was nice.

Have a great day.








No comments: