Sunday, June 9, 2013

Germannia Park - Binbrooke

What a lovely spot we had for our St. John's picnic .Binbrooke is not too far and I was fortunate enough to be able to go with Waltraut and Herbert.

They served lunch, I think it was bratwurst, sauerkraut and potatoe salad and then there was deserts to buy as well at extremely economical prices.  This year they did not serve hamburgers.

It was a very clean area with lots of picnic tables and miles of green grass and a beautiful lake.

It wasn't a big crowd but it was a good crowd with everybody being friendly.  Waltraut picked me up at 11 a.m. which was just perfect for me and she had already picked Herbert up.

We arrived in time for the worship service and then lunch was served.

Here are some pictures.

Near where the games were played


There are RV's there 



I sat and read for awhile and then went over to see the children's games.  It was great fun to watch the children play.  There were also adult games as well.

After the games, I went to sit right at the water and started the makings of a poem.  It was so wonderful to be able to write again - the dark times seem to be over now and I am again writing.I really think the long winter had an effect on me.





It was heavenly for me to sit there by myself and just write.  So peaceful.

Thanks for dropping by.  All in all, a wonderful day spent with good people.

No comments: