Sunday, April 14, 2013

Good and bad news

I managed to sleep with the mask on until about 2:30 a.m. but the mask was bothering my face as it was digging in on my nose.

I will have to talk to the lady where I borrowed it from to see how to fix that little programme.  However, that is minor if you consider that I am sleeping much better now with the mask on.

For every problem, there is a solution and sometimes it may be difficult to find it but I sure will try!

I have to say though, that I did not put the mask back on after and had a wonderful snuggle with my pillow and thoroughly enjoyed being able to do that.  The machine is helping me thankfully and getting the oxygen to my brain will hopefully help with memory problems as well as preventing strokes and heart attacks not to mention depression.  That may explain why I was "not myself" for quite a bit of the winter.  My nature is optimistic normally and it was so unlike me not to write poetry, articles or short stories.

I had plans to go to St. Paul's today but a friend of mine is in a bad state and wants to meet with me so I will have to put off visiting another friend in the hospital.  My problem is there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day for all that I want and need to do!  I have two friends with broken hips in the hospital right now, plus another one in distress not to mention I have a lot of work to prepare for the upcoming party.

Overshadowing all that is the upcoming operation but it will soon be a thing of the past and that is what I am concentrating on - preparations for the party and knowing that "this too will pass" once the operation is over.

I foresee a happy summer, with snacks at the waterfront, hikes on the trails and just walking by the water.  Water has such a calming effect on me.

I ask myself, what is the bad news that I mentioned in the title.  Now that I think of it, nothing really, just to be there for a friend and listen, and try and rest as much as I can so I will be strong enough for the operation.  It is most unfortunate that they cannot put me to sleep for this one.  that anesthetic works well but the local one did not work at all for the first operation nor the second one.

A positive attitude will help in all instances and as my friend Laura used to say, "this too shall pass" and as I always say " Carry on."

On that note, thanks for dropping by and have a good day.

Some other good news to mention.  I found my camera, the visiting cat must have knocked it off my desk and played with it so it went under the bed.  Fortunately, I moved the bed today to clean under it and found it. I am so thankful for that as it is a good little camera and takes good pictures.


No comments: