Friday, March 18, 2011

Action creates a reaction

An update on the situation of the blind man.  I contacted via e-mail, my city councillor and he has taken some action. I brought up several issues pertaining to people with disabilities and the HRS and he has referred my e-mail to two different areas.  One to the general manager of HSR (Hamilton Street Railway) our city bus here, and the other e-mail to the Access people in City Hall.

I am still waiting for a reply from the mayor which I hope to receive in a day or so.   AN UPDATE, Mayor Bob Bratina just e-mailed me 3 minutes ago.  Now I am just waiting to see if the Hamilton Spectator prints my Letter to the Editor.

Action has to be taken in order to make this city a safer place for the disabled.

I am very pleased with Brian McHattie and his quick reply. 

I seem to be on a roll lately, on a human rights issue of a Canadian citizen imprisioned in China, I got a letter from Stephen Harper signed by him in blue ink.  Now I am on the bandwagon for disabled folk right here in town.

This is Canada, people can speak up without fear.

I am so pleased to be able to write about this update on the case of the blind man.

2 comments:

WEF said...

Wonderful! Glad to see someone's getting involved, Wilma.

WEF

Wilma Seville said...

Thanks for reading my blog, WEF.

I will take that poem for critiquing but it sure was heart felt by me. I was so upset when I saw what happened.