Sunday, September 19, 2010

St. Paul's church picnic Sept. 19,2010

Carmen and Wally took me in their car.  It was at Grieff Hill once again which is a lovely spot towards Guelph.  It is owned by the Presbyterian church and is used as a retreat and conference center from what I understand.

We had a little time to kill so we went to Burlington and walked at their lovely waterfront for a few minutes.

<><>
&lt;>
<><>
Carmen and Wally at the Burlington Waterfront
My camera was acting up and it said the batteries were low so I changed batteries but still had some trouble.  However, I did manage to get some nice shots of the Burlington Waterfront.

We drove for about an hour after we left Burlington and we passed some interesting places, including a place with dinosaurs.  It was very lovely country side which we passed through.  We passed a sign to Paris which is a place I would like to visit one day as one of my Montreal friends has moved there and I would love to see her.

A fair amount of people turned up at the picnic and brought snacks and food.  It was a very pleasant afternoon spent in good company.  I took some pictures of the games and a few random shots.

We got home about 7:30 I think and all that fresh air has made me sleepy!

The water balloon game - the trick is not to let the balloons break or you get all wet!  Lots of fun to play and lots of fun to watch!

Peter and Thelma, with Wally's elbow in the background!


A shot of the fields surrounding the property - very peaceful

A snapshot of some of the folks socializing at the picnic tables.

Ruby, a young dog who came to the picnic - she was adoreable and very well behaved.

No comments: