Saturday, June 27, 2009

Time at Van Wagner's Beach and Beasley BBQ







Ah what a fine day we had. I had nothing planned for today and was thinking of spending a quiet day at home or just go to the mall and people watch. However, my friend Jennifer called and invited me to go with her to Van Wagner's Beach.




!


I then invited her to go with me to the Beasley BBQ so we had a combined event day which was wonderful!
I always bring a thermos of coffee and the coffee mate and this time she brought some Berliner Donuts from Denningers which were delicious! What a feast we had, coffee and donuts by the water!
The weather could not have been better and we went early so we got our shaded spot right on the beach. Jennifer keeps the two lawn chairs in her trunk so it was an easy thing for us just to take off at the spur of the moment.
I think we arrived about 11 a.m. and left there about 3 p.m. and went to the Beasley BBQ. What a treat it was to hear the wonderful steel band that was playing! They were terrific!
I saw people that I knew, Isabel, Jeannette and Matt as well as Jenn from the Freeway Cafe.
Jennifer was so kind and thoughtful and she offered to stop at the No Frills as I needed cat food and it is hard for me to get it. I really appreciated that as the boys were down to their last little bit. At the same time, I picked up a few litle things as well.
We have so much in common and I must say, it was a very enjoyable impromptu day for both of us!
We are planning to go to Niagara on the Lake some time this summer. I haven't been there for years and years and I like that little town.
What a blessing that I went to Jeff's reading at the Blue Angel about a year and a half ago, and met Jennifer there. Over time, we have become good friends and have found much in common.












No comments: