Saturday, June 13, 2009

Laking Gardens - R.B.G.




Blue Iris Mr. Turtle, up from the marsh visiting!








Although the day was somewhat overcast, the flowers bravely showed their friendly faces to the many visitors who came to the Laking Gardens for the Iris and Peony Show.




My friend Rosie has a season's pass and she invited me to go as her guest, which was very kind of her. I love to see beautiful gardens and this garden was fantastic with its many vivid coloured flowers and more subdued blossoms.




I personally loved the bright and happy colours and took many pictures of them. There were many people present who appeared to be of either Japanese or Korean heritage and their children were adoreable!




I love to see family groups together enjoying the beauty of this country and building memories with their families.




It is the memories of good times with family and friends that keep people grounded when they go through hard times.




There were two gentlemen playing a banjo and also an Irish Mandolin which I enjoyed very much.




I think, though, one of the highlights of the afternoon was to see the snapping turtle in the bed of flowers, with a crowd of people observing him. He was a fair size and I certainly would not want to mess with him!




It seems that the turtles come up from the marshy grounds from time to time and this one really ventured quite far into the garden!
The sun came out all of a sudden and then it became too hot! I think I much preferred the cloud!
On the way home, we stopped off at a famous hot dog place which also sells ice cream. I cannot think of the name right now, but this is the second time I have been there since I came to Hamilton.
All in all, a very nice day spent with a good friend.






















No comments: