Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The fun part of the day!

On the little train - Olga and Svetlana.
Not a good shot of Olga and Svetlana but it was a lovely shady section and we sat there for a while.

Svetlana and the cats at home Russian lady visiting from Holland.


Yesterday was a tiring day for me and I found that I needed "my space" so that I could just rest and regroup emotionally.


Dealing with human problems can be draining. I should be used to it by now having worked for I..S.S.R.A. and also the Catholic Family Services and been involved with refugee work, assaulted women's work etc. but it still takes a toll on the one who listens. I am able to be detached as I learned how to do that but it still is hard sometimes to practice detachment.

However, the good thing is that the day brightened up and I met some friends and we went down to the Waterfront.

We went on the little train at the waterfront and neither of the girls had been on it before. They were absolutely captivated by the ride.

It was a beautiful day and we were there about 4 o'clock so the train was not too crowded.

Fortunately, I had brought water for the three of us and hats as they were not prepared for spending time in the sun by the water.
The girls came back to my place for a brief while and then went on their way.

I didn't do anything after that except rest and watch television. Happily, I slept well and now am rested and looking forward to the tea at Whitehern Historic House at noon today.






No comments: