Wednesday, April 22, 2015

WOMEN OF DISTINCTION GALA

It was the YWCA Hamilton Women of Distinction Awards  Gala which was held at Carmen's Banquet on Thursday,  April 16th.   It celebrates women who have shown leadership, dedication and service.

When we arrived, it was already full of both men and women who were there to support their candidates and to celebrate what women do.

Quite often, women are the unsung heroes of life, and it is good to see them recognized and valued as they should be.

I was there to support two candidates, Linda Marshall and Zaynab Al Waadh.

Just to be nominated is an honour and although just one of my candidate won, I am so proud of both of them for the contributions they make to society.

The organizers had set up two large screens on each side so that the large audience could see well.  I was able to hear most of what was said which was very helpful to me.

The dinner was very good, served I think, Italian style.  I found that very good as one could help oneself to as much, or as little, as one wanted as it all was on platters and bowls and spaced out over the evening.  My table mates were delightful and very friendly as well.

I had the opportunity to speak to Zaynab's Mom whom I haven't seen for quite some time.  It was lovely to see her again.

All in all, a very great evening, one which I enjoyed very much.  It was my first time going to this event.  I was most fortunate to get a ride both ways as Carmen's is on the Mountain and quite far from downtown.  One of my friends, Kelly, picked me up at my back door for which I was most thankful.

On the ride home, I had the opportunity to ride in a BMW with Linda and her husband. A very smooth and pleasant ride.

As the dining room at Carmen's is dimly lit, my pictures I took are not too great.  I took one picture from the screen as it was larger.

I also took some pictures of Zaynab in the main foyer which turned out quite well.

I wanted to take some of Linda but unfortunately she had her coat on already and was ready to leave so I did not get one of her.

Thanks for dropping by and come again.

Zaynab

Zaynab and some of her friends

Another shot - very nice young ladies
All in all, a fabulous event - something to remember and to cherish.

No comments: