Saturday, April 11, 2015

Had a good time at my poetry group this afternoon

We had a very good crowd today, including three young people who were the winner of the library's literary contest.  They each read their poems out loud.  They were in Grade 8 and 9.

When I think back to my young days, I would never have had the courage to speak or read anything in front of a large group.  My hat is off to these young people!

We then had our regular workshop.  I brought my little poem about "The Picture."

Before my son was born, more than forty years ago now, I had made a needlepoint picture of a little boy praying.  Each day I would do a row or two waiting for the time for the child to be born.  At that time, one had to wait till the child arrived to know if it was a boy or a girl.  I was already blessed with a dear little girl.

This picture still hangs on my wall and I was thinking of how it came about and wrote a little poem about it as a memory.

I was most fortunate to get a ride to and from the group today.  It makes it much easier for me, especially in the colder weather.  Next month is the last workshop meeting plus our AGM.  It is also the Mother's Day Tea at church where I pour coffee so it will be a busy day for me.

Thanks for dropping by.




No comments: