Monday, September 15, 2014

Guests and the Super Crawl

The main stage - we bumped into Jeff and Andre here

Random shots

The Armory

Bill and friend

Children's area

Children's section at Central Library.  Wes loves aquariums.  
I went to meet Wesley and also Billy, both from other cities.  One from Toronto, the other from Kitchener.  Fortunately both their buses came in around 10ish and I was able to pick both of them up at one time.

We went back to my place and had home made soup and chicken and vegetables and Mohammad came over for tea.  We had waited for Sami until 1 p.m. and then could not wait any longer.

As it turned out, he was unwell and in a great deal of pain.

Here are some pictures.
Bill standing, Wesley sitting at the Go Transit Station on Hunter Street

Bill is an artist and he waned me to take some shots of these buildings so we can paint them.

 Once we got home, I served soup and chicken and vegetables so that we would not be hungry going to Super Crawl.

Wesley and Boots

Mohammad took this of Wesley

This is my favourite of Wes

After lunch we took our time and rested. Mohammed came over for tea.

Here are some pictures from then.

Bill - my son-in-law




Good friends - I should have taken off my apron!

After that, Wesley, Billy and I went to Super Crawl for a few hours.  It was hard on Billy walking with his cane and also for me with my walker, so we sat down quite a few times as we walked along.

Wesley had it best, as he had his scooter.

 After we had done Super Crawl, we went into City Centre and then Jackson's Square where Wes got some of the things he could not find in Toronto.  He was one happy camper!

I took both of them back to the Go Station and there was some trouble getting Wes into the Go Bus but eventually they managed.  The line up was horrible - most people were here for the Super Crawl and going back to Toronto.

Once Wesley's bus left, Billy and I waited along with a young student from Waterloo University and at 9 o'clock, the bus came to take them home.

We were lucky, only on Sunday is there a 9 p.m. bus, otherwise the last bus to Kitchener is 8 p.m.

Poor Wesley's accessible transit was one hour late picking him up in Toronto and he did not get home until 1:15 a.m.  Travel for the disabled sure is difficult.  He had been up since 6 a.m. and on the road, and yet it is only one hour away to Hamilton.

Billy made good time and it all went smoothly for him.

I walked home by myself but felt a little uneasy to be out that late but there was no trouble.

I did not sleep until 6 a.m. this morning, probably too busy going over the nice day in my mind.  Fortunately, I had nothing that needed to be done today so I have rested most of the day.

Thanks for dropping by.

No comments: